Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, blah blah blah

I just changed the "About Me" section to your right. I turn 47 on July 1.

My mother gave me a card that said "Happy Birthday to the one I count on to be as obnoxious as I am". We both laughed really hard at it, partly because it's true, and partly because she was so sincere about it.

If you come here regularly for the anti-government rants, that's me channeling my father.
If you're here for the attitude I bring to it, that's my mother.

I've had a fun year talking to you folks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday WS! I just turned 48 myself, and still don't need Depends yet :) Keep up the most interesting blog writings - your topics are real eye-openers (especially on hypocritical liberals - see interesting article below), and your style most entertaining. Cheers, Tom
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/science/01tier.html

Dr Ralph said...

Have the AARP invites started showing up in your mailbox yet?

Don't worry, they will...

sandersonmom said...

You know, you don't look a day over 37...
Happy Birthday Sensei. It's been a real pleasure getting to know you while you still have your memory in tact...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday WS,

I have another week before I can celebrate my own.

Jay@Soob said...

47. Wow that's, like, old. So tell me, Allen, what was life like before the advent of irrigation?

A belated happy birthday!

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Soob,
Yes, I am ancient and wise.
Before irrigation, we watered our crops with the blood of Yankees.

Jay@Soob said...

Lol! Good one!