Thursday, February 5, 2009

Is Hilda Solis worthy of a "Whitey" nomination?

The nominees for "The Whitey" keep pouring in.
Click on "The Whiteys" label below for a thorough explanation of the prize and our current nominees.

Our latest Whitey Award candidate is Hilda Solis, President Obama's nominee for Secretary Of Labor, whose confirmation is being postponed because her husband hasn't paid all of his taxes.

Does this really count? Is Representative Solis worthy of inclusion in the same category as Daschle, Geithner, and Clinton just because her family's savings were hidden away under her husband's side of the mattress?

Another topic.... If you're an advocate for bigger government, more government spending, bailouts, giveaways, socialized everything, and economic stimuli (packaged and unpackaged), isn't it just a tad contradictory to claim any tax deductions? Don't your political views imply that Uncle Sam can spend your money more wisely than you?


3 comments:

Elaine said...

I have outstanding taxes. Can I be nominated?

cosmo said...

I cannot believe it, but I believe I lost the impetus to continue writing a political blog. Obama's administration has been boring/depressing so far, so I've been hiding away focusing on short fiction and making freelance connections. Just thought I'd drop in on my favorite blogger and try to figure out where it all went wrong!

The Whited Sepulchre said...

VampE,
I'd never thought of nominating you, but I honestly can't think of a better example !

What would be a better use of your money? Bailing out Wall Street bankers who need mega-bonuses? Or spending the same amount on shoes? Hmmmm....

Slacker,
Most theme-oriented blogs last for about nine months. Those who go beyond that usually have deep-rooted obsessions, Baptist neuroses, etc.
Or they have lots of equally nutty friends WHO OWE LOTS OF TAXES BUT KEEP VOTING FOR POLITICAL HACKS WHO THINK THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS MORE TAX MONEY ! ! ! !

(It's a long, tiresome story.)