Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm The Strawman, Part 2

I'm getting tired of The Teleprompter Jesus calling me out during his speeches....



For starters, there are plenty of people who think the government should be doing a lot less. Stating that fact after the idiocy of the past two weeks seems unnecessary.

But can the man not advocate a position without his now-patented "There are those who say...." fill-in-the-blank horse manure?
"There are those who say.... that we should allow orphans to starve, but I say we should spend two trillion dollars on orphan programs in Senator Dodd's district."
"There are those who say.... that we should use Canada for nuclear target practice, but I say we should send Canada a really nice card this year."
"There are those who say.... that I have too much faith in Tim Geithner, but I say 'Heck of a job, Timmy."

And on and on and on.

2 comments:

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

"There are those that say..." is a version of an old sales tactic. The old, "Feel, Felt, Found" way of overcoming objectives.

"Oh, I understand how you FEEL about the bailouts, America. I FELT the same way at first! However, once I did a little research on the subject, I FOUND that (insert good thing here).

Speaking of Teleprompter Jesus... This is pretty profane, but good. It's taking the actual dialogue/soundtrack from "Idiocracy" and cleverly edited in the Obama Denver speech. The best part is "Joe" at the end.... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i93BJiYLaj8

(seen it already? - SORRY!)

Dr Ralph said...

Haha!

Poor Barack must resort to digital trickery to come off as a dunce. Too bad he doesn't possess the natural talent for idiocy others have.