Friday, June 12, 2009

The Latest Sin Tax

A few weeks ago I posted a bet about the price of Coca-Cola in one of our warehouses.

In short, because of the porkulus plan, increased spending, and the Teleprompter Jesus pumping more money into the system, do you think the price of soft drinks in this machine will double in less than a year, or will it take more than a year?

This is good news for those of us who took the "under".

Unfortunately.
There are some bets you don't want to win. We're still holding steady at .50 cents.

4 comments:

Dr Ralph said...

So, you're saying that I and the others who said "over," won the bet.

Is that what you're saying?

Booyah!

The Whited Sepulchre said...

No, no, no, good doctor.
The patient is not yet in the ground.
I'm saying that if the virtuecrats decide to put a Sin Tax on Coca-Cola, it will make it more likely that the price doubles in "under" a year.
That's good for the people who took the "under", but bad for the economy in general.
I think I made that confusing enough....

Sew daze said...

Sarong

Dr Ralph said...

Well, you know I'm easily confused.

Besides, if I'm going to be taxed for sin, I'd like that sin to be a little more exciting than Coca-Cola. At least make it a Rum and Coke.

Besides, since we have an abundant supply of sin, taxing it seems a winning proposition. You will admit it's one of the few areas where taxing the product will not markedly decrease demand, nor will it cause it to be out-sourced or off-shored.

Am I right?