Monday, March 22, 2010

The U.S. National Debt Clock

It seems appropriate this morning to look at the U.S. National Debt Clock
Go here. 

The average citizen has a net worth of $235,000.00, and that includes all corporations, foundations, companies, and all the assets of The Evil Rich. 

The amount currently on your bar tab is $350,000.00.  

Total government bar tab per family is now at $650,000.00.   We're too fair, humane, and ethical to have it any other way.   

I have advantages that many of you do not have.  I still remember about 100 words and phrases in Mandarin Chinese, and I'm still in good enough shape to operate a lawnmower.  I'm uniquely qualified to go to China during vacations and holidays and start working off my share of this debt. 

Good luck to the rest of you.  Go here to learn how to clean a Wok. 

4 comments:

kerrcarto said...

I know how to make some killer egg rolls. Will that help any?

Anonymous said...

WOW!!
If the National Debt Clock were analog, we'd be catching a good stiff hurricane breeze from the hands.

B Woodman
III-per

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

I did have to clean a wok tonight... I make awesome stir fried rice and General Tso's Chicken.

Back to my point... I noticed on this scale, the debt seemed to take off around 1980... about the time a Republican was in office. Then interesting, under Clinton, did the debt start growing at a reduced clip. Then about, say, the GWB inauguration, debt skyrockets like a well, skyrocket.

It appears that this democrat will be less of a fiscal conservative than Clinton by a smidge.

Unknown said...

that democratic president cut our defense budget and you saw what happened on 9/11 so spending was offset by GWB for the defense budget. Maybe after several attacks on Americans if Clinton would have "walked softly and carried a big Stick" we could have avoided the second attack on American Soil.