Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why "Kick Ass" is one of the best Libertarian movies EVER

1) The police in the movie are portrayed realistically.  They're ineffective.  (One of my truck windows was vandalized a couple of nights ago.  I didn't even bother to report it.) 
2) "Kick Ass", the male lead, gets tired of being hassled, mugged and assaulted and decides on his own to do something about it. 
3) "Hit Girl" is home schooled. 
4) The public school that Kick Ass attends is portrayed realistically.  In the opening sequence, he has to go through a gauntlet of metal detectors just to get in the door. 
5) "Red Mist" smokes some weed but maintains his ability to drive. 
6) The mandatory SUV that the villains use to pursue Kick Ass and Red Mist is a GMC.  (Government Motors Corporation)
7)  Hit Girl is a poster child for gun control.  She hits what she aims at. 
8)  If you don't think a Personal Jet Propulsion Pack (with twin Gatlin guns) is cool, well, stay home.  Watch Dancing With The Stars. 

3 comments:

Hot Sam said...

I can't wait to see it.

Well, actually I can wait because I don't go to communal theaters anymore, so I'll see it when it's On Demand.

I was watching V is for Vendetta last night. One line caught my attention: "Writers tell lies to reveal the truth. Politicians tell lies to obscure it."

No. Hollywood writers, almost all leftists, lie to create their own alternate universe where Obama has a beard, not the least of which was V for Vendetta. But I really appreciate stories which tell the unadulterated truth, for example Crash, Osama, and The Lives of Others. I look forward to Kick Ass.

Lisa said...

ROTFLMAO!!! I'll have to ask my 13 year old if he picked up on that! He loved the movie!

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

I was going to skip it since I thought there would be usage of a jet pack with only a single gatling gun. Dual gatling guns??? I'm in now!!