Sunday, October 31, 2010

God Hates Figs


From the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 11:

12 The next day, when they had come out from Bethany, he was hungry.

13 Seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came to see if perhaps he might find anything on it. When he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
14 Jesus told it, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again!"


Jeremiah 29:17  Thus says the LORD of hosts, behold, I am sending on them( sword, famine, and pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that are so rotten they cannot be eaten.


Unfortunately, the GodHatesFigs website has gone under. 
Those wanting to contribute to other worthwhile causes should consider GodHatesShrimp.com

7 comments:

Hot Sam said...

I'm a sinner. I love Fig Newtons.

Especially with scotch.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

I was "convicted by the Spirit" last night, and threw away 4 jars of fig preserves.
Had a relapse, and went out to the trash dumpster and ate one of them on some toast.
Please keep me in your prayers as I try to fight off the next relapse.

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous. (No offense.) God cursed the fig tree because it wasn't bearing fruit, not because he hated figs. This is an example of someone who says they follow the Lord but bears no fruit (proof) to show this is true. On the contrary he went to the tree to see if there were figs on it to eat them because "he was hungry. Figs are a very healthy fruit to eat having many benefits to your body.

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha "Figs are a very healthy fruit to eat having many benefits to your body."
Christians have such a good sense of humour

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous: What part of "No man eat the fruit of thee hereafter for ever" is unclear?

Seems pretty clear-cut to me - fig-eaters are violating the one true Word of God.

However, we should hate the sin and not the sinner. But we should still have anti-fig therapy camps. And they shouldn't be allowed to get married.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Anon #1,
I totally disagree. There is no other fruit called "vile" in all of scripture.
God Hates Figs, and the God Hates Gays crowd should at least give equal time to protest against vile fig-sellers.

Andraemon said...

Oh, no!! I not only love fresh figs, I used to grow them! Forgive me, Lord - I didn't know...