Thursday, June 2, 2011

Charlie Robison at 8.0's in downtown Fort Worth

Because God loves me, and wants me to be happy, I got to hear one of my heroes do an all-acoustic show at 8.0's in downtown Fort Worth last night. 
Yes, Charlie Robison took on human flesh and dwelt among us. 


Thanks to the generosity of The Aggie, I'd heard him with his new band about a month and a half ago, for something like the 12th time.  But this was the first time I'd been to an all-acoustic show. 



The hairy guy backing Charlie up was excellent. 
The sound system was excellent. 

Charlie did all of his standard schtick: Lots of Fake Irish Dancing in the crowd for "John O'Reilly", inviting some ladies to sing with him on "The Wedding Song", and and getting the crowd to sing along during "Loving County". 

In the middle of everything, just to prove that he could, he threw in a couple of Steve Miller songs. 

I was close enough to the stage to touch the hem of his garments

It was a great, great time.  Charlie's music makes me glad to be alive. 

Here's Mr. Robison doing an acoustic version of "John O'Reilly".



No comments: